Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Take It From Here...




Hi Toads. Peggy in Southern California here.  One of the good things about a poetry site like Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads is the great variety of poetry. So many perspectives from so many different places and lives.  All starting with a single prompt idea.

This time my prompt is to write about: fish.




Maybe you have had pet fish, or maybe you just like to eat fish. Or maybe you like to take your pole and fish in a lake or even the ocean.  And of course people can swim like fish and there are those who fish for compliments.

Many directions to go with  “fish” and I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Link below with Mr. Linky and then come back and read what others have written as well.



11 comments:

Vandana Sharma said...

:) I like the prompt!

Marian said...

i'd love to have the experience of driving or walking along and coming across that fish-hedge. hah! thanks for this prompt, Peggy.

Unknown said...

i have so little experience with fish! except for eating, of course!

Chubskulit Rose said...

That takes real skill to trim the hedges like that!

Peggy said...

Wow thanks for so many postings so early--or early in my day. That is one thing about having posters from around the globe--I never know what time it is for all of you! Anyway the hedge is on the big island of Hawaii and it was fun to come across. Off now to read what you all have written.

Susie Clevenger said...

Love the photos! My fish story went a little naughty...lol

Kalpana said...

Great photos - shark shaped hedge - wow :)
The prompt was lovely too. Kept me thinking all day till I zeroed in on which of the many ideas I wanted to take forward. Thank you

Anonymous said...

I've seen topiaries, but that shark is simply amazing! Wrote about one of my food quirks... late to the party, sorry! Amy

Anonymous said...

Nice to see Kalpanaa and AJ, some new faces (at least for me, the new Toad) "hooking up." (So shoot me, I couldn't resist the pun!)

Some very nice takes on this one, all in all. Amy

Susan said...

Fish,yum.

I'm still on the road, but will be back and will catch up on reading.

Anonymous said...

Awesome prompt =)

I don't know if you will see this but I read your poem runaway sentence but see no means to comment. Very clever, cynical but certainly food for thought! There are so many unknowns in this world. Great Job!