Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Poem is a Curse


Macha Curses the Men of Ulster-courtsey of Wiki Commons


Greetings Garden Dwellers!


Welcome back to Out of Standard, where I will set before you a challenge to defy the conventions of a particular theme.  I will call upon you to write out of the standard and find new places in the everyday.  It is in that spirit in which I present May’s challenge...


THE POEM IS A CURSE


The prompt be simple:  the poem is curse.  On who, for what, cast by whom, using which ingredients.....all of that is you choosing.  I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!!!


The  Canisters of King Tut's Tomb
- courtesy of Wiki Commons



KEEP IN MIND 
Like every challenge, your poem must by newly written for this challenge and not one which you have previously written which conveniently fits the theme.  

So go now, my muddy buddies, and bring us back something shiny and new.  






A German stamp celebrates the curse of Sleeping Beauty-1969
courtesy of Wiki Commons




16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings all -- Sometimes the victor is brought low by his own strength. That's the nature of the curse -- or one of its varied effects. Looking forward to more!

Hannah said...

This sure got the brain juices flowing this A.M. thank you, Izy!! :)

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love this idea, Izy.

Kay L. Davies said...

I love it, too, Izy. It's the first time in weeks, maybe months, that a poem has flowed so quickly from my keyboard onto my screen. I guess the curse has been lifted!
Thanks!
K

Margaret said...

This is a hard one for me… I'll be back much later this evening - will try to find a bit of the "dark side" within :)

Anonymous said...

Izy, ever original prompt. Cheers ~

hedgewitch said...

Great challenge, Izy. Off to brood on it.

De Jackson said...

Absolutely loved this, Izy. Thank you!

Jim said...

Izzy, I let you down. I may be the first. My power isn't here today, I've been out walking London, Vauxhall area in Lambeth, with a five-year-old. That doesn't sound too hard but finding a noon meal for her on foot was a challenge. Thank goodness for Chicken Express.

Next we visited an Animal Farm (free) and played with the critters. That's where it came to mind for me, a Curse for Izzy.

I couldn't do it but there already is a goat curse. I wrote about it, embellished a little, and ended with the poet's wish and command that the curse continue.

No more curse power than that, I did the worst of any. Sorry. Next time perhaps.
..

Susan said...

Afraid of curses, so I just reviewed the literature.

Gina Gao said...

This seems really great!

www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful prompt, Izy. k.

Ella said...

Izy, you always set up great challenges! Love this one~

Fireblossom said...

Annnnnnnd, last and least, Beetle Bomb, Fireblossom!

Susie Clevenger said...

Mine is not actually a curse, more of a warning. :)

C.C. said...

What a fun prompt :-)