Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Eye of the Beholder ~ Micro Poetry

Wallpaper

Today is the day we put the "mini' back into the Sunday Mini-Challenge, and return to the option of form poetry. The object of this challenge is to write a poem in no more than 10 lines (but you may write in fewer than 10 lines all the way down to a single American sentence). You may choose your own form or stick to free verse, if preferred. For those who would like a bit of guidance, or further choice, I have provided a link to Poets Garret, showing a variety of 8 line poems.

The subject matter for your poem is wide open, but bear in mind the 'Eye of the Beholder' angle. I look forward to reading a number of short poems, from Saturday through to Monday. The link does not expire, so please feel free to write more than one poem, and a return to comment on poems linked later would be appreciated.



10 comments:

hedgewitch said...

I had this little bit of mystery appear in my brain the other morning--I have polished it a bit and kept it to ten lines--I would have liked to do a huitain as well--maybe one will happen. Thank you Kerry for the lovely challenge.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thanks, Hedge. Mine posted a little early - got confused with daylight saving's end.
I am not really on my game, poetically speaking, but approached the challenge as an exercise, just to keep my hand in.

Jim said...

Thank you, Kerry. I like the form poems, but, .... I still might do this tomorrow but for now I ginned up a little three line Senryū. I hope this isn't cheating too much (I don't do it often)) but three of ten, or eight, is what I could do today.
..

Kerry O'Connor said...

Please be aware that we have a participant who has posted and is commenting under several aliases. I cannot vouch for this person's credentials but have left the link intact as the post meets the criteria of the challenge.

Margaret said...

Here is another example of a prompt that helps trigger a memory which becomes a poem. Thank you. I'll be around in the morning as it is past 1:00 am here.

brudberg said...

I was quite busy yesterday.. We had a joint book-release party (me and 14 other authors) There were 100:s of listeners to our readers, author-interviews... and an after-party with friends.. I hope to able to write something later today..

Magaly Guerrero said...

I've added my bit... but I think I cheated. I suspect that some of you will be able to let me know.

Outlawyer said...

Very cool challenge, Kerry--I've done what I could--k.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

A poet I was reading recently used the Bibliomancy Oracle for inspiration so I did too - accepting what came at random. Interestingly enough, it sort of tied in with recent events in my life. I liked the look o al the 8-line forms, and one suited. Maybe I'll try others later. However, am having massive internet problems lately and need to go to the library to use it at all, so it may take me a while to read others' poems, sorry. Sorry on my own account too, as I always enjoy the things you all do.

Susie Clevenger said...

I wrote something I think will fit the challenge. My husband's recuperation is going well, but I am so tired. My brain is in a bit of a fog lately.